#introduction I'm a 4x entrepreneur using #ComputerScience & #SystemsThinking to solve wicked problems. I am CEO at Time Study Inc. I think/write at bigthinking.io. I am a #VC advisor at Level Up Ventures, affiliate faculty at University of Florida C.A.M.E., President of the Computer Science Advisory board at VCU, mentor, speaker etc
Recently Humane debuted an AI Pin that you interact with through voice, and a tiny projector displays things like media controls and incoming calls on the palm of your hand. Positioned as a phone replacement.
My take on Humane's AI Pin: seems interesting, but not yet useful. Also, while cool, I’m not convinced that the palm of your hand is an alternative to a screen.
If you need to reach me, I’m at Powell’s, the largest used and new bookstore in the world, housing approximately one million books! Bye.
Interesting #documentary flicks:
1. Rotten (#Netflix) - the chocolate episode will cure your chocolate habit
2. Our Universe (Netflix) - stunning visuals, interesting info for astronomy geeks, Morgan Freemen
3. Pepsi, Where’s My Jet (Netflix) - Corporations doing what corporations do
4. Dawn of Humanity (#PBS) - human evolution, South African cave exploration; featuring a team of female anthropologists
1. Swap card allowed - swap hands with another player
2. Stacking action cards is allowed
3. Play out of turn - if you have an exact match, you can play out of turn provided that you play before the player in turn; this will skip all players ahead of you
4. Red Zero card = Draw 10, then every player must shift their hand to the next player
5. Show your hand - ask any player to show you their hand
Excited to connect (or reconnect) with new connections. If you're new here, I'm Kishau (kih-shaw), a 4x entrepreneur, computer scientist and systems thinker. You can find more info about me & my work at https://kishau.com
So many free Twitter replacement apps, not one seems to address social media’s current business model issues.
Drive traffic to a free app > ask for donations > operational challenges > raise capital > sell ads > try to grow users via copying/acquiring other services > user growth challenges > raise capital > sell more ads > raise more capital > fail at selling subscriptions > sell data …
Submitting this as evidence for the wonderful ways in which we as a society have chosen to label men like him "geniuses" while 10% of the same behavior in women would be clearly erratic, emotional, and incompetent. 🙃
So many people are having a bad first experience with Mastodon because they're using the official app which is lacking features, doesn't allow image uploads randomly, has random slowness, and doesn't give you easy access to the two most active feeds where you can find people (Local and Federated).
Please switch to Metatext, Tusky, or Tooot for a better mobile experience (or even use a browser).
Out of the >15k users that joined this week, over 11k are on the official apps.
"You are not blogging enough. You are pouring your words into increasingly closed and often walled gardens. You are giving control - and sometimes ownership - of your content to social media companies that will SURELY fail." By @shanselman in 2012? I guess this makes him to a kind of visionary. 👍
I had a great chat with my girl Alex Batdorf at Get Sh*t Done on the power of sales & customer success. Here’s a clip.
Also, find the full episode on Spotify, Apple & here --> https://anchor.fm/get-shit-done/episodes/73-How-To-Use-Sales-Income-To-Bootstrap-Before-Funding-Kishau-Rogers--Time-Study-e1q4b6t/a-a8pr3oq #Entrepreneur #startup #innovation #BlackMastodon
Retreat Weekend #1. Only focused on 5 things (in no particular order):
1. Prioritize sleep & waking up without an alarm.
2. Go outside (walk)
3. Practice Mindfulness/Meditation , Prayer or Yoga (reconnecting to the present)
4. Say “no” to things you really don’t want to do (or make a list of things to say yes to). Or perform a calendar audit …. But only if you feel like it.
5. Journal (helpful for “brain dumps” & self reflection)
Decided to look at network stats again. There are 1M more people using #Mastodon today than there were on October 27.
Systems thinking tools to wrangle complexity, expand your solution space & uncover opportunities to solve real problems.